Hit or Miss

Fire.

Rector Hall, my old dorm from undergrad at DePauw, was involved in a major fire yesterday on the fourth floor (where I lived). On this helicopter shot of the damage, I marked where my room was. In this photo, you can see the destroyed hallway.

On a professional level as a hall director, my heart goes out to all the students and staff who are now homeless and have lost all their possessions. The school will be dealing with some really prickly facilities issues for the foreseeable future. But on the other hand, as a former resident of that floor a couple of years ago, I’m totally freaked out and counting my lucky stars that we never had a fire when I lived there…